Try to use the app on another device to see if the issue persists.
To do this:
1. Download the Echelon Fit App on your phone/device.
2. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on for the phone/device.
3. Make sure the phone/device is not already connected via Bluetooth to anything else.
4. Unplug the bike for a few seconds and re-plug it back in
5. Do not touch the mounted screen. It will still light up as it will still get power, but as long as the screen is not touched, the bike will not try to connect to the mounted screen via Bluetooth.
6. Make sure you do not try to connect the bike to the app on your phone/device via Bluetooth through the phones/devices Bluetooth settings.
7. Open your app on the device/phone and place it near the bike, which should now have the blue light between the handlebars flashing. Once it connects to the app on your phone/device, the blue light should turn solid blue.
8. If the blue light on the bike turns solid blue, and you have not touched the mounted screen, this means it is connected via Bluetooth to the app on your phone/device.
9. Please go into any class except a live class. Press play, and make sure it stays connected and the blue light stays solid blue. If the blue light did not turn solid, then go to more>select equipment>red plus sign in the top right corner> scroll until you see Connect Bike.
If the blue light stays solid and the bike stays connected to the app on your device/phone, then we know that the likely culprit is the Bluetooth mechanism in the mounted screen and not the bike's Bluetooth transceiver.
You will now want to see again if you can get the mounted screen to connect to the bike. In that case make sure you turn off the Bluetooth on your phone/device. Also, close the Echelon Fit App on the phone/device. Then, unplug and re-plug the bike. Once the tablet has fully loaded, tap on the screen, and see if the blue light on the bike turns solid.
If the issue persists on multiple devices, then the culprit is most likely the Bluetooth mechanism in the bike. If it is an EX-1 or EX-3, then the console would need to be replaced. If it is an EX-4s, EX-5, EX-5s, Ex-7s, Echelon Sport, Echelon Sport-s, or EX-15, then the bike's Bluetooth mechanism would need to be replaced. If it doesn't, then the culprit is most likely the original device. If that original device is the mounted tablet found on the "s" model bikes, then the screen would need to be replaced.