If you are having problems with resistance or connecting to your device, than the control panel may be the issue. We can replace the control panel.
Connecting to Bluetooth 1st time:
1) Press the Echelon button on the bike console. It should beep and the light will flash.
2) Open the app on your device.
3) Tap MORE at the bottom right, then SELECT EQUIPMENT, then choose connect bike, a screen will ask you to connect.
4) Tap and a device list will appear.
5) Tap the "ECH" device (should be the only one listed) and your bike will beep and the light around the button will stop flashing indicating your bike is connected.
After you have done this during setup, in future, you can just select a class and tap on the red bar at the very top to connect.
If the above does not correct the tension issue. Try unplugging the adapter from bike and wall outlet and hold down the silver button for 30 seconds before plugging the wire back in. Then do the above steps again. When you plug the wires in, you should hear the bike beep, indicating proper connection.
If you continue to have issues, we need to replace the console. Tell us which you have, White or Black, and we can replace it. see Photos.