- Peel back the warning sticker from the top of the plastic cover to expose the seam of the plastic cover.
- Using the provided wrenches for assembling the pedals, remove the pedal from the Left Hand Side Crank Arm and set aside with the securing nut.
- Using a puller tool (ie: reverse tongs) or one like it, insert the tongs into the center of the left side plastic cover and pull to unlatch the inner ring and remove it by slipping it over the crank arm.
(You can also use a flathead screwdriver)
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove all the screws from the left hand side and the two screws securing the cover on the right hand side.
- After removing the screws on the plastic cover, turn the crank arm facing up and lift the plastic cover over the top of the crank arm to remove it.
- Remove the shroud cover and assess the circled spots in the image below
- Using wire cutters or scissors cut the cable tie at the bottom of the frame
(BE CAREFUL NOT TO CUT ANY WIRES)
- Remove the hot glue from the attached connector CAREFULLY with rubbing alcohol. Then using a string like material that is nice and long, tie a good knot on the end of the wire.
- Next grab a flathead screwdriver and remove the power port cover on the other end of the bike.
- Pull the wire through the frame of the bike carefully from this end. Attach new power port wire and pull the wire back through with the remainder coming out of the center of the bike Reattach the connector and secure it tightly with electrical tape
Secure all the cords CAREFULLY with a cable tie. Screw the thin nut back onto the new power port and plug in the power adapter to assess power flow.
- If everything works properly cut extra wire off of the cable tie and reinstall the cover with the screws that were removed.