- Peel back the warning sticker from the top of the plastic cover to expose the seam of the plastic cover.
- Using the provided wrenches for assembling the pedals, remove the pedal from the Left Hand Side Crank Arm and set aside with the securing nut.
- Using a puller tool, or flathead screwdriver, (or a similar tool) insert the tongs into the center of the left side plastic cover, or pry out with the screwdriver and pull to unlatch the inner plastic ring. Remove it by slipping it over the crank arm as pictured below.
- Using a Philips head screwdriver, remove all the screws from the left hand side and the two screws securing the cover on the right hand side.
- After removing the screws on the plastic cover, turn the crank arm facing up and lift the plastic cover over the top of the crank arm to remove it.
- Find the silver nut that sits over the crank arm shaft, and use an adjustable wrench to tighten it one-quarter turn.
To test, assemble the left side pedal with the pedal securing nut and ride the bike on low to high resistance.
Make sure the pedals and crank arm securing nut are tightened down securely before adjusting the crankset nut any further. (repeat until knocking has subsided within a maximum of one full turn)
- If the issue persists despite multiple attempts, call our customer service department, as your bike may be experiencing other issues.