- Remove the pedal with the provided bike tools that came with the hardware kit.
- Peel back warning sticker between the seat and handlebar on the main plastic body.
- Remove the plastic cap that sits on the center of the crank arm with a hand tool (or fingers if possible).
- Remove screws from the left side of the main plastic body piece and set aside.
When facing the right hand side of the bike open up the plastic cover and expose the inner plastic ring that surrounds the left side crank arm.
Using a hand tool such as a flat head screwdriver push “down” on the right side tab to loosen the ring from its housing.
- Once loosened, position the ring with the marked spots on the main plastic body to remove it, and slide it over the crank arm.
- Remove the drink holder with a Philips head screwdriver.
Position the crank arm at a 45 degree angle pointing at the seat.
Pull the bottom of the plastic cover over the top of the crank arm and turn it in a clockwise fashion (when removing) to facilitate removal. (Be careful not to damage any of the decals or metal body during removal).
***If the knocking is coming from the Flywheel, then proceed to step 9. If the knocking is coming from the Center of the bike, then skip step 9 and proceed to step 10.***
Using a 19mm wrench, tighten the nut on the outside to the left to tighten until firm.
Next turn the nuts closest to the flywheel starting with the innermost nut, in the opposite direction until firm.
- After removing the plastic body find the silver nut behind the crank arm and use an adjustable wrench to tighten the nut ¼ turn. Continue doing this till the noise has dissipated.
NOTE: Do not overtighten in excess of one full rotation!
- To test reinstall the pedal and ride for 5 to 10 minutes (preferably on high resistance).