How to Update stride 5s/7s app if unable to update:
1.) Unplug stride from wall
2.) Unplug UART connection from the back of the mounted tablet (photo of UART connection below)
3.) Plug stride back in
4.) factory reset tablet
Unplug the DC IN power cord from the tablet of the equipment. You can also press the power button until the "Power off" option pops up on the top-right corner in order to shut down the mounted tablet.
- Press and hold the plus(+) volume up button.
- Plug the DC IN power cable for the tablet back in while continuing to hold the plus(+) volume up button.
- The tablet will boot up into the Android recovery boot menu. Release the plus(+) volume up button.
- Use the plus(+) and minus(-) volume buttons to move the menu selection.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset from the menu. Press the power button on the tablet to make your selection.
- Once the data wipe/factory reset is complete, choose Reboot System Now.
- Connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet when prompted.
- The app should prompt for an app update.
Once updated, unplug and plug the equipment back in to ensure proper start up.
5.) Connect tablet to stride via bluetooth
a.) This is done by holding down the 1 and 7 button together for 5-6 seconds. It should then appear on the bluetooth list when searching for equipment on the tablet
7.) App will update firmware for stride
8.) Once firmware update is complete, unplug stride
9.) plug back in UART
10.) Plug stride back in
11.) Login as normal, Stride should now be hardwire connected to the tablet (no bluetooth menu should pop up)