Before you replace the new resistance controller, follow the steps below to pair the new controller.
1) Turn Row on (screen/app not necessary)
2) Remove battery from old Resistance Controller (RC) [old RC needs to be off for this to work, and removing the battery is the only way to do that]
3) Put working battery in new RC
4) Hold up and down buttons on new RC for 30 seconds (blue light will flash on INSIDE of RC when it's in pairing mode)
a) Before moving to step 5, make sure the new RC is close to the Row (please see image below)
5) Power cycle row ONLY USING POWER SWITCH (Do NOT unplug and to make sure Row is off for at least 3 seconds before turning it back on)
6) When the row turns back on, it will pair with new RC automatically (NOTE: If the user waits too long to power cycle, it won't pair because the RC will go out of pairing mode, so the closer together steps 4 and 5 are done, the better)
Now that you have paired your new resistance controller, please follow the steps below to replace your resistance controller.
1) Flip handle over
2) Unscrew all 5 screws on the back (newer row RCs have a 6th screw for where the battery goes, but that's not necessary to unscrew to remove it from the handle)
3) Separate the two plastic pieces (be careful of wires on the inside)
4) Remove RC from handle
5) Remove rubber end from new RC
6) Place plastic pieces of new RC around handle the same way the old one was placed (being careful to not sever any internal wires)
7) Screw all 5 screws into their proper holes